Welcome to my website! I’m Danielle - a self-taught Canadian artist, passionate about creating abstract paintings and mixed media art. I work from my (very messy) home studio in Lake Country, BC.
Although I have always loved the arts, it wasn’t until 2006 that began to really experiment with paint. I was expecting my first child and was in search of a hobby to keep me busy for nine months. After a trip to my local art supplies store, I was hooked. Everything I know about art has been learned through trial and (many) errors. My painting style is the result of a decade-long journey and is ever-evolving. Acrylic paint is my medium of choice, but I also love to incorporate collage elements, spray paints, oil pastels and lots of texture.
I thrive on change and am very much an “all or nothing” personality type. I go through extreme phases of painting nonstop for several days, and then may ignore my studio for months. When I get the urge to paint, I paint. In 2016, I made the decision to return to school full-time. I am currently working towards a business degree which does not leave me much time to create new work. However, I am always open to a good distraction and will take on commission projects as my schedule permits! Painting will always be something I come back to after other goals have been met – so stay tuned :)
Thank you for being part of my journey!
For those of you who would prefer to read a list of random facts about me that have nothing to do with my art career...
- I am the proud mom of 2 amazing kids - they are my world!
- In 2018 I met the love of my life... it took me 32 years to find him but he was well worth the wait!!! We are now engaged ♥
- My favorite color is purple.
- I am a Sagittarius.
- My name means "God is my judge".
- I recycle.
- I love thrift stores and bargain hunting.
- I have never been good at talking about my art, but I love making it.
- I believe in aliens.
- I swear way too much.
- I am usually listening to rap/hip-hop when I paint.
- I am a dog person.
- I am crazy disorganized and my house is usually a mess.
- I believe the universe has a plan for each of us and that everything happens for a reason.